Thursday, February 3, 2011

Boaz is sick

He's got some sort of head/chest cold with a fever.  So unfortunately, we had to back out of the Goa trip.  Bo is determined to plan another shortly.

The grocery stores here don't seem to stock first aid stuff.  It's a little like the East Coast; there are few supermarkets and most things are bought at dedicated shops.  I also stand out, so the pharmacy shop already recognizes me from getting bandaids and heartburn medicine.  I don't know if this contributed to how easy it was to just walk in and ask for codeine syrup.  But they sold it to me, despite the label stating it is only available by prescription, which was very convenient.   So Boaz is coughing less and a little high - not a bad place to be with a flu in warm weather.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was really sorry to hear about Boey and wish we could skype; it's been some time. Do you have internet access yet at home? Bummer about the trip to Goa; I've heard it's beautiful. Do you guys have access to a doc? Thank god for codeine.

Siera said...

There are plenty of doctors and we could certainly go see one, but we haven't so far. Fortunately Bo recovered quickly. He only had that fever for a day.

We don't have broadband at the house yet, hopefully at the end of this week we will. I'll pass the message to Bo.