Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend at Sula Vineyards


We spent a lovely weekend at Sula Vineyard's Beyond Resort.   We didn't travel more than a few kilometres from the vineyard or a few feet from the booze, so there aren't many pictures.  It was darn picturesque though, as you can see.  The room was very comfortable.  I was pleased with the food too (all meals are included).  I didn't try any of the continental fare, but the Indian offerings were tasty without being heavy.

The Nashik Valley is littered with vineyards and wineries.  We did a tasting at Sula, but are already very familiar with their wines.  Wine pickings in India are pretty slim and Sula is a widely available, palatable choice.  I've been drinking a lot of Sula.   We also visited York's tasting room.  York's wines were a little more distinctive, a welcome departure and lately my go-to wine.  We especially liked their late harvest chenin blanc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found your Blog via expat India search and love it, thanks for writing it.
I have recently moved to Pune and my husband and I will be here for the next 2 months, so interested in what you have to say.
How did you get to Sula Vineyard? Did you drive? What was the road like? Last question...lol.....where do you buy Sula wines in Pune?