Friday, December 24, 2010

Booklist

I thought I'd share the books I've picked up to read now and on the plane and in India. Updates about what I thought of them to come.

In Spite of the Gods - Edward Luce

Maximum City - Suketu Mehta

Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri (Short stories by the author of The Namesake, 'cause I ain't that into novels.)

Humbler Than Dust - Mona Lee (This one was a gamble: Retired couple from Seattle makes a tandem bike pilgrimage from Delhi to Mumbai to promote the idea of a world parliament.)

A Passage to India - E. M. Forster (Gift from Mom. Thanks!)

Indian Summer - Will Randall

Dreaming in Hindi - Katherine Russell Rich

India: A Million Mutinies Now - V. S. Naipaul

Being Indian - Pavan K. Varma

It Must Have Been Something I Ate - Jeffrey Steingarten (I read The Man Who Ate Everything years ago and love, love, loved it. This is more of the same easy, informative, and amusing essays from the Vogue food critic.)

No comments: